In today’s era, we all are living in the time of high technology, and one of our biggest fears is that our electronic devices and gadgets battery will not last throughout the day. Here we come up with an article on solar power banks that have been proved to be a world-changing innovation ever since its introduction.
What is a solar power bank?
With solar battery banks, people no longer have to experience the trouble of running out of power at a crucial point or worry about their gadgets or devices going off at critical moments. Many of you might be aware of what solar power banks are? But if you don’t know what exactly solar power banks are, then we are here to help you out in knowing everything about the solar power banks, a smarter way to charge a smart device.
A solar battery bank is a storage device that obtains solar energy from the sun and uses it to power various electronic gadgets and devices like mobile phones, laptops, torches, bulbs, etc. The solar power banks are portable enough that we can easily carry from one place to another for use whenever the need arises. They come in various designs and capacities that you can choose from based on your preference.
The unique feature that makes solar power banks a world-changing innovation is that as long as sunlight is there, your solar battery bank will draw solar power. The power stored in it during the day will be used later to charge your devices.
Let’s see how solar power bank works.
How Does a Solar Power Bank Work?
Talking about solar power banks’ working, the solar-powered battery banks work in a quite simple way. A standard solar power bank will store solar power and let you charge your device later on or on the go. A solar battery bank works similarly like the regular power banks, but instead of electricity, it uses the sun to charge itself through the built-in solar panels. The accumulated power is then fed into the rechargeable batteries that will hold the solar energy in the form of power, until you will need it to charge your devices.
Why to choose solar power banks?
- Environment-Friendly: The main benefit and the foremost reason for choosing solar power banks is that they are environmentally friendly.As you know that our mother earth is already battling and facing so many environmental issues amongst which global warming is the most hazardous and glaring issue today. Using solar-powered power banks, you will be saving and conserving energy that will reduce the strain and burden on our mother earth because the solar energy that we will use is pollution-free, clean, and renewable sources of energy. As you will be tapping sunlight, it will not promote greenhouse gas emissions, unlike conventional electric power sources.
- Saves Money In The Long Run: The second important reason for choosing the solar power banks is that they are an economical source of power supply to charge your devices. If you have a large number of electronic devices and gadgets, there are the chances that you have to pay higher electricity bills. But when you opt for solar-powered power banks that you can get rid of these higher bills. Using solar power banks to charge your device, you will not be using regular electricity as much, and hence, your utility bill will reduce as you need not to pay for sunlight.
- Standby Power: Last but not least,the third reason for choosing the solar power banks is its standby power mode. Almost every one of you might have come across the situation of being out of power at a crucial moment. It may be the time of booking cabs or searching for valuable information online. Sadly, if your phone runs out of power at such critical times and you are away from charging point or don’t have electricity at your location. In such cases, all you will need is a solar power bank as it will help you stay connected at all times, even in the absence of electricity.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Solar Power Banks
Like every other product, solar power banks also have two sides, categorized as advantages and disadvantages it offers. Below are the various advantages and the less of the disadvantages of solar power banks:
The advantages of solar power banks are as follows-
- Environment friendly
- Reduces your electricity bill
- Innovative technology
- Infinite energy
- Uses free source of energy
- No greenhouse gases are released
- Energy can be harnessed in remote places
The disadvantages of solar power banks are as follows-
- Sun is not always prevalent
- Solar energy can only be generated in daylight
- Seasonal energy
- High upfront cost
- Location sensitivity
As you can see that the advantages offered by solar power banks are much more than its disadvantages, it is a good deal for everyone. So, buying a solar power bank for charging your devices is a great product to have.
Charging guide of Solar Power Bank
Under this section, the readers will get to know the information related to the charging of Solar Power Banks in terms of its charging capacity, and it’s charging duration.
- Charging Capacity
If we talk about the solar power banks’ charging capacity, then most of the portable solar battery banks are not well suited for high-power and long hours of charging. Undoubtedly, the portability of the power banks is the primary reason why people received it so well. The solar power banks are portable enough to fit in your trouser pocket or bag. This means that you can easily reach out for them when you are low on power.
Although the small power banks hold less energy, they would still charge one or more of your devices adequately. Along with the size of the solar power banks, the solar power banks’ charging capacity also depends on the brand, quality of the product, and the individual model.
- Charging Duration
If we talk about solar power banks’ charging duration, then different factors determine the charging duration of solar power banks. Primarily, the capacity of the solar battery bank will determine its charging duration. Generally, a 1000 mAH solar power bank gets charged faster than a 10,000 mAH battery bank.
Secondly, the weather also affects the charging duration of solar power banks. On a sunny day, your battery bank will charge faster than on a rainy day due to sun invisibility.
Lastly, your power bank’s model and brand also affects its charging duration because some brands product are more technologically advanced and efficient, which is reflected on its charging rate.
This was all about that makes solar power banks a smarter way to charge the smart devices. Like every product, solar power banks have both pros and cons. Still, they are an innovative device that you will find highly beneficial as long as you buy one of premium quality. Solar power banks are environment friendly, affordable, reliable, and a cost-saving source of power supply for your gadgets. Most importantly, the solar power banks will always help you stay connected anytime, anywhere, and even on the go!